Wednesday 24 October 2007

Getting back into the swing of things.


A very nice blogger (with a wicked sense of humour) recently passed on this award to me. Katie - thank you so much! While I am resigned to the idea that I will never get an award for my food photography skills and I am definitely not breaking any records for creating original recipes, it's, well...very nice to be appreciated in such a way.

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

Hmmm.... only 7??! My partner can testify (in exasperation) that while I am flexible in adapting recipes, generally I don't like breaking rules (could be my Singaporean upbringing...), but I will this time. I've been through a very rough patch the last few weeks and it's been so encouraging to know that fellow food-bloggers have a big heart.

I would like to thank each one of you for taking the time to drop encouraging and supportive e-mails and comments. Katie, Amanda, Wendy, Lydia, Kelly M, Anh, Valli, Aimée, KJ, Veron, Deb, Lynn, Belinda, Tigerfish, Carol, ValentinA, Eva, East Meets West, Sunny, Kelly-Jane, Patricia, Truffle, Susan, Toni, Kate, Cynthia, Half-Baked, Rosa, and Shaun, you are all very nice bloggers. :-)

I am looking forward to sharing a few recipes I've tried recently. Eva and I finally got our act together and we just joined the Daring Bakers, so I will definitely be baking. While I don't think that I will be back in full swing anytime soon, I am definitely back! I am looking forward to dropping by all my favourite food blogs and catching up with all the posts I missed.

Have a nice day!

18 comments:

Toni said...

Thank you, Nora, for including me in the "A" list! (Or should I have called it the "N" list? ;-)

I think the food blogging world is filled with some of the nicest people on the planet! We all go through rough times. The good news is that somehow, when you're going through "it", the universe seems to offer you a helping hand.

Welcome back!

Big Boys Oven said...

Great to hear of your award Nora, congrats! We are looking forward to see more bakes from your oven soon! Sunny & Sid

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Lovely to see you back Nora. Hope you're feeling much better. Also thank you for including me in your nice list. xx

Truffle said...

Thanks so much Nora. Lovely to have you back!

Janet said...

Hi Nora! Welcome back, and you have a nice day too!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Nora, thank you so much for including me in the list of nice bloggers. I love all the commments, words of encouragement and insights I get each day from my fellow bloggers.Your blog is definitely included in that category!!!!I don't know if this fits in with your situation at all but I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who was being very supportive and encouraging. She made me laugh so hard it brought me to tears. She reminded me of an old adage (I'm not sure if I have it exactly right) ...."It's hard to soar like an eagle when you work with a bunch of turkeys." I guess what they are saying is that the work place should be a place of support and an atmosphere of building together and there should be no one trying to bring you down. It made me laugh out loud!!!

winedeb said...

Hey Nora! Glad to see that you are still "hanging in there"! I miss your fun posts, but understand that the priority list comes first! Thank you for including me in your list. You are a wonderful person, as well as all of our bloggers friends! Looking forward to when you do have the time to bake and post!

Wendy said...

Thank you, Nora! :)
Very glad to see you back.

Eva said...

Good to see you back in the swing! And what a nice, long list that is!

In case you wonder, I haven't forgotten about the other award you were so nice to give to me! I'm just still pondering on how to best show case it. These days, there are more and more kitchen disasters happening, don't remind me of last night...

Aimée said...

Good to hear from you, Nora, and thanks for the mention. I've been wondering what has been going on down under with you and hoping things are looking up.
Thinking of you.
A

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Life can be filled with rough batches, and knowing that you have friends do help... Glad you're getting back into the swing of things now, and I look forward to your creations. :)
And thank you so much for including me in your nice list! **HUGS**

Oh for the love of food! said...

Hey Nora, I'm so glad you're posting again! I'm honored to be on your NICE list ;o)

Stella said...

Great to see you back on track Nora! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger:)
And thank you for including me on your list, you're not only a great cook/baker but a lovely person as well!:)
All the best dear!

Patricia Scarpin said...

YOU are very dear, Nora!
And talented and sweet!

Angel said...

Congrats on the award!! We love seeing your comments and I watch your blog religiously. Hope to look forward to seeing more posts, and enjoy doing daring bakers with you. (I just recently made the leap and joined db too)

Katie Zeller said...

It's nice to be connected, isn't it? Hope the patch is smoothing over :-)

Belinda said...

Awww, you are so sweet, Nora, and I'm so happy to hear that you are getting back to feeling like yourself again. That's wonderful...and you are without a doubt one of the very nicest blogging girls around. :-)

Kelly-Jane said...

Good to see you back Nora, and thank you for including me on your list =)